You may have heard a lot about CBD in the news, and you may even know a few people who are using CBD products, but is it a good idea for you? The most trusted resource you have to discuss CBD’s potential with various health conditions is your healthcare provider. They are a great resource to discuss CBD use and how it may help your wellness goals. Getting a doctor’s opinion can help you make the right decision, to see if a CBD regimen is right for you.
CBD vs Traditional Medications
A few years ago, medical practitioners did not know much about the benefits of CBD as a treatment option. The medical community typically steered their clients towards the use of prescription medications to treat everything from a very minor health issue to serious medical condition. Times have changed, and although CBD is not FDA approved as a supplemental dietary product at the current time, most doctor’s are very well educated on the subject and open to discussing cannabis products, medical marijuana, and CBD use. The best way to broach the subject with your physician is to do a little homework on your end first, before setting up the appointment with your medical professional.
The Three R’s of an Honest Discussion of CBD Treatment
- Research- Do your own early research first. Review the legality of CBD in your State. Currently CBD is legal in all the United States except for Nebraska, Idaho, and South Dakota, however there may be other state laws, or local regulations that determine if CBD is legal to use. Look into the various types of CBD, some contain minor amounts of THC, which may cause a psychoactive effect, and others are THC Free. Discover the many different forms of CBD, what type of product are you interested in? There are edibles, such as a gummies, tincture oil, and softgels, and also topicals, which includes creams, lotions, salves, and balms.
- Results- What medical benefits are you hoping to accomplish with CBD. Are you looking to add a supplement to your wellness routine, or to treat a serious condition such as chronic pain, or possibly a variety of conditions. Is there a particular condition you are most concerned about, such as sleep, stress, or pain management? Are you looking to use CBD to be a replacement therapy, or to work in conjunction with your current treatment plan.
- Reactions- CBD use can cause some mild potential side effects such as nausea and dry mouth. More importantly is the need to discuss potential drug interactions. Have a list of your current medications, including over the counter and prescription drugs, and your medical history readily available with your list of questions.
- When you are ready to visit your primary care physician or health care provide, make sure to write down all of your important questions. Sometimes when entering a medical facility, nerves may kick in and you may forget to ask the right questions.
- Try to schedule an early appointment, so that you wont have to wait, and you can take your time with your doctor.
- Bring a notebook to write down the answers, recommendations, ideas, and the suggested health regimen formulated with the doctor’s advice.
- Be realistic about the therapeutic benefits and results you are seeking based on your current health problems.
- If you find your health care professional is not open to discussing the potential benefits of CBD, it is okay to get a second opinion.
Once you have been cleared by your health care provider to try CBD, it is important to find a reputable, quality brand. Unfortunately, there are many bad brands on the market along with the good ones. Do your own research so you do not get scammed. Companies that do not have a phone number or complete website may be looking to get you into an auto bill program which becomes a headache to cancel. Additionally, CBD is not allowed to be sold on Amazon, so stay away from any products you may see there.
If you have friends and family who are happy with their CBD products, reach out to them for a referral or recommendation. Contact the companies you have identified and are interested in to ask questions about the products, such as how they are farmed and tested. Review the shipping and return policy so that you are aware of these details before entering your credit card information.
Once you have started taking or using a CBD oil product, keep a journal so that you can go back and review the effects you are feeling. CBD dosing is not an exact science, and depends on weight, age, sensitivity, metabolism, and severity of the issue. You may need to adjust your daily dose if you are not experiencing the results you expected, or switch from taking CBD in the morning to at night.
Keeping with best practices, it is important to follow up with your medical team to make sure that there are no harmful effects resulting from the use of CBD oil. For your own safety, you may need to have blood work done, or possibly just a routine appointment to check blood pressure, heart rate, and review how you’re feeling, be sure to bring your journal.
Palm Organix CBD
Here at Palm Organix we carry a broad spectrum line of CBD products. This means that are products are completely THC Free. We start with industrial hemp that is sustainably farmed in the United States. We use the CO2 extraction method, which makes our hemp extract very potent and highly absorbable. Once a final product is completed we test for harmful chemicals, pesticides, molds, and efficacy, to make sure each and every customer receives a quality product every time.
Our customer service department is available Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm EST to help answer any questions you may have. We can be reached by phone at 855-725-6223 or email email@example.com. All order placed Monday through Friday before 12pm EST will ship same day, and we offer FREE shipping on all orders, no minimum purchase required. If you are unhappy with your purchase you may return it within 30 days for a full refund.
To learn more about CBD, how it works with the bodies endocannabinoid system, or how and why people are using it for themselves and their pets, please visit our educational blog series.